Skip to main content

How to Find your Art Style

Dear Readers

How to Find your Art Style

I first got into art when I was born 😜. It started as a hobby. Now it is a big part of my life. Art is my identity. People around me always encourages my art. 

I practice art almost every day and still finding my art style.

The art style is extremely important for an artist. It reflects a unique personality to your art.

Many famous artists have created extremely recognizable works of art.

You would probably recognize one of Leonardo da Vinci’s sketches or a bright and textured Van Gogh painting as soon as you saw them

But the works of famous artists aren’t just familiar because they are famous. Each of these artists has a unique style that they developed throughout their artistic journey.


But how do we find our art style?

I hope after reading this article it will help you to find your art style.

Tips to finding your Art Style

How to find your Art Style

Find an artist you admire the most

Admire Artist

Follow me on Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube. 

Many artists have companions that they admire and whose styles they find inspiring. Ere trying to find your own art style, try finding at least 10 other artists with an art style you like.

It will create a mood board for your art reference. Use it for inspiration and study when practising your own art style.


Keep a record of your art

Keep a record

Follow me on Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube. 

Let’s start by putting all the art stuff you have worked on. Try to find a similar or unique pattern in your art. And discover what you most often paint or draw. 

When I looked at my previous work, I found the vibrant colours, faces, fantasies, and ocean. It doesn’t have to be exhaustive, and you can expect it to change, but for now, just have a couple of favourite subjects in mind so you have a starting point.

Keep a Record

Follow me on Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube. 

Practice!

We didn't bear with perfection, only practice can achieve that. “Just practice!” is the universal advice that all artists have heard, but that’s because it is the truth. You can practice drawing in a specific art style just like you can practice any other technique or skill.

If you are having a hard time staying motivated, doing an art challenge such as the 30 day character challenge might give you the extra boost you might need.


Challenge yourself

Challenge Yourself

Follow me on Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube. 

As you create more artwork, you may find that the style you’ve been using is growing old or that you’re interested in something else.

Always go with your instinct! Never be afraid to break away from a style you’ve been using for a long time. 


Share your work

Share

Follow me on Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube. 

It can be scary to put your work out there, but the feedback that you get from the art community can help you take your artwork to the next level.

Posting your art on social media or art sharing websites can help other artists provide feedback while also helping you build a trusted community. Sharing your work can allow you to see the piece through new eyes and help you grow as you tackle new projects.

Sharing your work can open you up to a whole new world of artistic styles, as it allows you to discuss methods with other artists and ask questions.

Maybe you’ve been struggling with the perspective on a piece, or you just can’t get that arm to look quite right. Sharing your works in progress and asking for help can take some of the pressure off of you and give other artists a chance to share what they know.

It helps build trust, build community, and can ultimately help you develop a strong and more recognizable art style.


❤ Now I want to hear from you!

Are you trying to develop your own style? If so, will you let it flourish naturally or do you plan to speed things up as I explained before? Moreover, if you already have your own style, how did you develop it? Any insights or tips for other growing artists? Let me know in the comments section! I read and reply to every comment!


Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,







Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment and don't forget to follow. 

Social media Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...

My Inspiration Behind The Card of Queen

 Dear Reader Who says you have to grow up                                                            -  Walt Disney Follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube .  Whenever you watch a Disney movie, it will take you to another world of joy. Or maybe to neverland. It will bring joy, happiness, gratefulness and much more. It will refresh your childhood imagination. I am recently watching this TV Series Once Upon A Time . If you haven't watched it yet here is the quick summary (Spoiler Alert): this show is about a princess, umm you are thinking right- Snow White , Whose mother died (The Queen) than his father aka The King married to another woman named Regina , Who will become Th...