Skip to main content

How to Create a Mood Board: Step by Step Guide

Dear Lerner's

A mood board is a physical or digital collage of inspiration. A mood board help us to generate new ideas for your personal or professional work. A mood board are generally used in fields like interior design, fashion, and graphic design.

From multi-team projects to building the bases of a company, learning to use mood boards as part of your initial brainstorming process can help you save time and energy when developing an idea.

Reason to Create a Mood Board



Help to Build a Robust Foundation


A mood board helps us to create a strong foundation for any project. A mood board will help to analyse the brand's purpose, vision, brand aesthetics, and many more. Sometimes it’s even beneficial to create a few mood boards that highlight various elements of the project so that you can provide a holistic, optical landscape before initiating.

It also helps you to create the basics of what the result could ideally look like.

Clarify the Vision


A mood board on display helps remind you of the original goal. Examining your mood board regularly can also help inform all the slight decisions you make towards the primary goal.

Easy Collaboration


Collaboration depends on the team will clearly understanding of the primary goal. It helps you to explain how you want a design to look. It displays a design concept and color theory that should be used in the project. A mood board help you to achieve all of these.

Easy to Communicate Your Idea

A mood board is a clear picture of your idea and design concept. Usually, a creative professional like a graphic or interior designer will build a mood board to present their ideas to a client. From there, the client will probably give feedback about the suitability of the general idea or the strength of certain items on the mood board over others. They might even choose between numerous mood boards the designer has used to present different possibilities. A layperson planning their event or design project won’t have clients, but they will probably also need to communicate their ideas to someone else at some point — a contractor, collaborator or if it’s a wedding, their fiancé.

How to Create an Inspirational Mood Board

Basic steps you need to follow while creating a mood board. If you are doing a personal project, the initial step you need to take is brainstorming. Initially, define your theme, take inspiration from other projects, and collect a list of what you want in your project.

Collection
Take your early bases of inspiration, then challenge yourself to think outside of the box to find better. Display architectural designs, colors, wallpapers, furniture, and many more, on your mood board.

In the end, review, curate and present your mood board.

Let's understand this section by illustrating some examples.

Interior Design Mood Board


The interior design is inspired by the autumn season and copper metal. The interior design mood boards display the colour palette, highlighting elements such as ceiling lights, marble, wooden floor, and the stair texture.

Fashion Show Mood Board


The fashion show mood board is inspired by the Greek goddess and 60s-fashion. The mood board highlights elements such as the empire architecture, the shiny metals, a glimpse of Venus (beauty and love), and 60s inspired funky vogue.

Art Studio Mood Board


The art mood board is inspired by the aesthetic sculpture and vintage dusky pallets. The art studio mood board highlights elements like a marble sculpture, angle arts, roman statues, royal frames, and warm-cozy surroundings.

Wedding Planner Mood Board


The wedding planner mood board is inspired by elegance, love, and couture. The mood board highlights elements such as dining table settings, amiable and white florals, fairy lights, a garden, and cake.

Night Life Mood Board



The nightclub mood board is inspired by the mysterious. The colour palette purple depicts compassion, magic, and imagination. The mood board highlights elements such as neon lights, a cat, the secret of the deep sea, and the night.


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,






Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment and don't forget to follow. 

Social media Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest|Youtube.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Greeting Readers This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore.  O nce upon a time in a wonderland of my thoughts, I realised that I am an Introvert . I need to think things through very thoroughly before expressing an opinion. I also like change, especially when it changes something for the better. So, when I found myself in a job where I constantly told that I was too quiet, where they wanted opinions and comments on everything from day one, but weren’t open to changing anything, I knew it wasn’t for me. After leaving that job, I wanted to make sure that wherever my life took me next was better aligned to bring me joy and happiness . So I started this blog as to the way to connect to other people and help each other find joy. What is an Introvert? The word introvert word comes from Latin . The word intro means "to the inside" and vertere means ...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...