Skip to main content

History Weekend 6: The Largest Empire of Ancient Indian History Part-II

  History Weekend

Before I dive in, first I should tell you about this page. This page holds some infamous, famous and information about the origin of the earth continents, countries and their history of survivals.


Disclaimer

This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore. 




Part II: The Largest Empire of Ancient Indian History

He is the man of modest origin. He was an orphaned child, raised as the son by another rural family was acknowledged and taught by Chanakya. And he was Chandragupta Maurya!
At the end of his life, he became a Jain Monk.
During his period, many religions flourished in India. Those religions are Buddhism, Jainism and Ajivika increasing influence along with the Brahmanism.

Land Between the two seas



He was only 22 when his father stepped down the throne. He maintained friendly relations with the west, Which brought sixteen new states under the Mauryan empire.
Popularly known as the king who conquered the 'land between the two seas' and his name was Bindurara.

Ashoka The Great



He was not the crown prince, according to the general agreement in the sources. As a young prince, he was a magnificent commander who crushed revolts in Ujjain and Takshashila. He was the charge of the viceroyship of Ujjain. He was a very aggressive and ambitious sovereign. He became the king after killing his brothers, but the crucial event of his life came when he conquered Kalinga (Kalinga controlled the routes to south India both by land and sea).


After the war, his heart filled with guilt of destruction. Affected by the war, Ashoka embraced Buddhism.
After that, Ashoka also implemented the principle of Ahimsa by banning hunting, violence and ending forced labour.
Ashoka grew friendly relations with states across Asia and Europe and sponsored Buddhism mission. 
Over 40 years of peace, harmony and prosperity made Ashoka one of the most successful and famous emperors in Indian history. In modern India Ashoka pillar (four lions) idealised the figure of Ashoka the great!





Dear readers, share your thoughts. Let me know in the comment.

 

Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,

Princy

Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment, and don't forget to follow.

Now you can also follow me on social media Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest.



Comments

  1. Very informative !
    I love what you do. Keep it up ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Greeting Readers This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore.  O nce upon a time in a wonderland of my thoughts, I realised that I am an Introvert . I need to think things through very thoroughly before expressing an opinion. I also like change, especially when it changes something for the better. So, when I found myself in a job where I constantly told that I was too quiet, where they wanted opinions and comments on everything from day one, but weren’t open to changing anything, I knew it wasn’t for me. After leaving that job, I wanted to make sure that wherever my life took me next was better aligned to bring me joy and happiness . So I started this blog as to the way to connect to other people and help each other find joy. What is an Introvert? The word introvert word comes from Latin . The word intro means "to the inside" and vertere means ...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...