Skip to main content

History Weekend 7: The Last Chapter of Ancient History -The King Harsh Vardhan

History Weekend

Before I dive in, first I should tell you about this page. This page holds some infamous, famous and information about the origin of the earth continents, countries and their history of survivals.


Disclaimer

This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore. 

Check out the Ancient History Series.




The King Harsh Vardhan 


The downfall of the Gupta Empire in the middle of the 6th century brought about the breakup of the northern Indian Kingdom into many small republics or monarchy states.

Prabhakar Verdun ruler of Spannabis vara Vanessa in present-day Harayana was the first ruler of Varginha dynasty. He had two sons the eldest son Raja Burton who ascended to the throne after his father and his younger son HarshVardhan.

Raja Burton was deceived and murdered by king Gordon, at which point the young 16 years old Harsha swore to take the revenge.


Harsha waged war against King Gorden and won the battle. Harsha has consequently crowned the new ruler. He first united the kingdoms of Thanisir and Kannuaj and went on to bring Bihar, Bengal and Odhisa under his command. 


Harsha then moved towards the south and Narmada became the southern limit of Harsha's Empire.


Harshvardhana also an author of repute having penned Sanskrit plays like nag Nanda, Ratnavali, and Priyedarsicka. He also initiated a systematic tax structure in place.





1/4 of the taxes went towards the administrator of his empire, rest was given away to charity, and further the arts and cultural endeavours in his kingdom.

Later on his life, King becomes the follower of Buddhism.


Other Useful Post


---End of Ancient History--- 


Stay tuned for the Medieval History 



Dear readers, share your thoughts. Let me know in the comment.

 

Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,

Princy

Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment, and don't forget to follow.

Now you can also follow me on social media Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...

My Inspiration Behind The Card of Queen

 Dear Reader Who says you have to grow up                                                            -  Walt Disney Follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube .  Whenever you watch a Disney movie, it will take you to another world of joy. Or maybe to neverland. It will bring joy, happiness, gratefulness and much more. It will refresh your childhood imagination. I am recently watching this TV Series Once Upon A Time . If you haven't watched it yet here is the quick summary (Spoiler Alert): this show is about a princess, umm you are thinking right- Snow White , Whose mother died (The Queen) than his father aka The King married to another woman named Regina , Who will become Th...