Skip to main content

Secrets of self-taught artists

Greeting Readers


Well, I am not an artist, even I have never learned drawing from top art school and learned how to draw and paint in person. If readers you are like and do not have this luxury then "congratulations! You are a self-taught artist".




I have no guidance provided the art school however, I have the freedom to learn how I feel. If we have determination and passion and devotion then we can achieve anything that a trained artist could achieve.


Some of the great Indian artist or we can say master of paintings include:


  • Dorathe Victory: One of the most inspiring and self-taught artist.
  • MS Hussain: No comments needed for his artwork.
  • Mahesh Pandit: This man already impressed the Prime minister of India.


So, if you are at the journey of a self-taught artist. Here is the ultimate guide to help you.


1.  Copy the professional: 

Sometimes the best way to study the techniques of the great professional is to try and copy their work. This will teach you the colour choice, stoke usage etc. This is only for studies.




2.   Criticizes:

 I love this part, judge your work being unbiased. Never satisfied with your work cause you know you can do better than that.


3.   Don't Expect:

Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectations. Be focused on the aim, rather than living in the dream world. Cause reality not always works as we imagined.


4.  Practice make you perfect:

This is the hardest part of a self-taught artist but very effective. Most of the time will be consumed by 9 to 5-day job and college studies. So you need to find the time and take yourself for session regularly. Sessions are not meant to be longer. Divide you aims into modules.


5.  Stop comparing:

Learning is a slow process. Only focus on your improvement and stay committed to your decisions. Get inspired by others but do not compare yourself with them.


6.  Record everything:

Keep records of your early works and now days work then see the difference of improvement. I will bet you, this only lead a smile at your face.




Thank you for reading.


Free feel to share, comment and don't forget to follow.

Now you can also follow me on social media just click on the sidebar.

Comments

  1. Really a thoughtful post. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences.😇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!. As they say "Knowledge increases by sharing but not by saving."

      Delete
  2. Your artwork is beautiful; it's hard to say that you are not a professional. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Greeting Readers This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore.  O nce upon a time in a wonderland of my thoughts, I realised that I am an Introvert . I need to think things through very thoroughly before expressing an opinion. I also like change, especially when it changes something for the better. So, when I found myself in a job where I constantly told that I was too quiet, where they wanted opinions and comments on everything from day one, but weren’t open to changing anything, I knew it wasn’t for me. After leaving that job, I wanted to make sure that wherever my life took me next was better aligned to bring me joy and happiness . So I started this blog as to the way to connect to other people and help each other find joy. What is an Introvert? The word introvert word comes from Latin . The word intro means "to the inside" and vertere means ...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...