Skip to main content

What It's Like To Have A Sibling

Dear Readers

This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore. 

We come alone and alone we die.

 



But in my case, I didn't come alone.

It was the winter of 1997 when we were born. Yes! you are thinking right I have a twin sister. It was clear from the beginning just how different we were from one another: She was chatty, I was quiet; She was outgoing, I was timid; She was responsible, I was not so; She was bossy, I was subservient (at first, that is).




However, we learned to accept each other and these differences from a very young age, ultimately creating one of the most balanced relationships.


Well, I have three siblings: elder brother, elder sister and my twin sister. Most of us do not realize how lucky we are to have our siblings. The unconditional love for a brother or sister is something that should not be taken for granted.


In fact, siblings are our first friends. We are usually raised together, so they understand each other better. Relationship between is a bit complex in childhood. They fight and argue but at the end of the day, they cannot live without each other. With time as they mature, they understand each other much better and learn to respect more.


But if you have elder brother and sister, I bet you they will definitely tell you that you were adopted. This is not the only thing readers you can relate to.


Annoying but memorable things with siblings can relate to


  • When your parents lecturing your sibling over something you did and you are watching trying to act like you innocent.




  • When you put food in the fridge for yourself but the next day it's gone cause they ate it.




  • When your brother or sister took your seat you were just sitting a minute ago.




  • When parents told you to give half your food to your sibling.




  • When someone says you both look alike but you don't see it.




Though you may not call your sibling your best friend, they are. And no matter how many times your sibling makes fun of you, they will always have your back.


The sibling relationship is life’s longest-lasting relationship, longer, for the most of us by a quarter of a century than our ties to our parents, wrote Stephen Bank and Michael Kahn in The Sibling Bond. 

No matter how you are different from your sibling or twin, Being different makes the bond stronger.



Dear readers, do you have an annoying sibling that you can relate this post to? Let me know in the comment.

 

Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!



With love,

Princy

 

Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment and don't forget to follow.

Now you can also follow me on social media just click on the sidebar.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Greeting Readers This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore.  O nce upon a time in a wonderland of my thoughts, I realised that I am an Introvert . I need to think things through very thoroughly before expressing an opinion. I also like change, especially when it changes something for the better. So, when I found myself in a job where I constantly told that I was too quiet, where they wanted opinions and comments on everything from day one, but weren’t open to changing anything, I knew it wasn’t for me. After leaving that job, I wanted to make sure that wherever my life took me next was better aligned to bring me joy and happiness . So I started this blog as to the way to connect to other people and help each other find joy. What is an Introvert? The word introvert word comes from Latin . The word intro means "to the inside" and vertere means ...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...