Skip to main content

Start a Journal today : What is journal and why keep it

Dear Readers


This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore. 




Do you love to keep and start to write a journal? But you have no idea what to write and where to start. Well, When I have begun to write a journal there are many questions arises that which type of journal should I make ?, what should I write in it? or so on.

But at that moment, I was asking the wrong question. I need to find the answer to the question: what is a journal? and why do we need that?


Well, I got the answer and I would love to share with you.



What is the Journal?


A journal is a written record of your thoughts, experiences, goals and observations. You can write in your journal daily, or only when you feel the urge. 

Our whole life we have told to follow rules of writing however here there are no rules to follow. Your journal is for you. So you're in charge. Your journal is a space where you're absolutely free to express yourself.




Why keep a journal?


Here are some reasons for journaling:


  • Preserve memories 
  • To improve your habits
  • To improve your writing
  • To achieve goals
  • Sharpen your senses
  • Scheduling
  • To challenge yourself

Those who wonder what is a journal should first understand that there are diverse types of journal.


Types of Journals




  • Writing Journal: If you are an ambitious writer, a writing journal is an outstanding idea. You can use it to contain all of your documents and rough drafts. It’s also great because in many cases, writers experience writer’s block. When this happens, it’s still remarkable to write anyway. 


  • Bullet Journal: A bullet journal is ideal for someone who writes a lot of lists. When you write a lot of records, and you don’t have them in one place, it can be really frustrating. You can choose to write down bullets filled with possible ideas that you’d like to achieve. You can write groceries list, things you wanna do before die and so on.



  • Dream Journal: Keeping a dream journal is helpful because it can serve as an instrument to help you remember what your dreams were about. Sometimes, your dreams are sent so that you can analyze them and learn more about yourself. 




  • Travel Journal: If you are a travel lover or love planning. This journal just made for you. Use a travel journal to write down the ideas you have regarding the places you like to travel. You could also use that journal to write down the restaurants you’d like to try and the museums you’d like to visit while you’re in those different places. 




  • Food Journal: Do you love to do the cooking? A food journal is incredible because many people are dying to try different recipes. However, they don’t have the time or energy to remember all the ingredients and recipes when they need them. If you keep a food journal, it’s an excellent way for you to document all the recipes that you’d like to try in the future.




  • Art Journal: One of my favourite. If you are an artist an art journal is a valuable asset for safekeeping your creative ideas and artwork. It becomes your create book of thoughts and original masterpieces.




  • Spiritual Journal: A Spiritual journal is really special to someone who is deeply religious and refined. This is one of the types of journals where you can write down the deepest desires and prayers of your heart.




  • Reading Journal: If you are a book reader. This journal is just meant for you. As you read a book, write down your thoughts about different chapters. Write down the events that resonated with you deeply in the book. 




  • Gratitude Journal: One of the most satisfying journals to keep especially for anxiety, stressed and depressive suffering person. This will keep your thoughts positive and changed the way of the view of your life. A gratitude journal is strictly for all of the things that you are grateful for. When you are thankful, you open up your heart to be able to receive more from life.




  • Workout Journal: A workout journal can be very involved and helpful when you’re in the middle of an exercise journey. If you’re looking to lose or gain weight, a workout journal can help you look at the amount of progress you’re making. 




Consider the Following When Starting Your Journal


If you start out to create the perfect journal, remember that there is no such thing. Your journal is documenting your journey. Your journey will have flaws and imperfections, but it’ll be yours. Try not to over-analyze the process and make it a new source of stress. It’s there for you as a source of happiness and satisfaction. Take it one day at a time. If you miss one day, that’s okay. Try the next day again. Just remember it’s a journey for your happiness.




I would love to share more ideas of creating journal starting with layout, themes and supplies. So stay tuned for coming tutorials!

Dear readers, Do you have a journal? what you write in about? share your journal ideas. Let me know in the comment.

 

Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,

Princy

Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment and don't forget to follow.

Now you can also follow me on social media just click on the sidebar.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...

History Weekend 5: Why is Alexander's conquer is the most significant phase in Indian history? Part I

  History Weekend Before I dive in, first I should tell you about this page. This page holds some infamous, famous and information about the origin of the earth continents, countries and their history of survivals. Disclaimer This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore.   You can also check out my series on the Ancient history weekend . Alexander III of Macedon , commonly known as Alexander the Great. He was a king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon . He was born in Pella in 356 BC and succeeded his father Philip II to the throne at the age of 20. He spent most of his ruling years on an original military campaign through western Asia and northeast Africa, and by the age of thirty, he had created one of the greatest empires of the ancient world, stretching from Greece to northwestern India. He was undefeated in battle and is wid...