Skip to main content

Best Drawing Tips You'll wish you knew sooner

 Dear Readers


This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore. For more information please read the disclaimer.


Make each day your masterpiece!



How can you win a marathon race? If you don't do practise daily for that one day. Drawing is a lot like that. If you are a complete beginner, you'll always better progress step by step, rather than jumping straight in and running the marathon without any training. 


Improve your drawing skills will boost your artwork to a new level.


You can also check out my post on the Secret of self-taught Artist.


Improve Your Drawing Skills


  • Practice makes Progress

Practising, your drawing consistently. Draw something every day. Draw whatever comes to your mind or whatever you see.



  • Use Reference Pictures

It's hard to get an accurate drawing of an object if we aren't looking at it. Using reference photos to see angles and shadows will make the drawing, easier to render.




  • Paper Quality

The quality of the paper you use can make a big difference in your artwork. Printer paper is rough and very thin. If you love to do watercolour, then the paper you are using should be right.



  • Shadows and Highlights

Learn to see the values of an object will improve your drawings and give them depth and movement. The value of shadows and highlight. Let's take an example of a pear, at the top it's little highlighted, and at the bottom it's dark.



  • Learn from shapes

Watch the below photo, and you'll know what I am trying to say.



  • Lose it up

Make a habit, to hold pencil loosely. It is also easier to control the pressure you put on the pencil so your marks do not become too heavy and damage the root of the paper.




I hope these tips will help get you to begin on your drawing journey. Dear readers, share your thoughts. Let me know in the comment.

 

Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,

Princy

Thank you for reading.

Now you can also follow me on social media Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest.

Free feel to share, comment, and don't forget to follow.


Comments

  1. Yeah! That's true we can not be perfect in single day. Really nice tips, thank you for sharing.
    Keep it up for good work!✌️🤘❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these amazing tips especially object values.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...

History Weekend 5: Why is Alexander's conquer is the most significant phase in Indian history? Part I

  History Weekend Before I dive in, first I should tell you about this page. This page holds some infamous, famous and information about the origin of the earth continents, countries and their history of survivals. Disclaimer This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore.   You can also check out my series on the Ancient history weekend . Alexander III of Macedon , commonly known as Alexander the Great. He was a king of the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon . He was born in Pella in 356 BC and succeeded his father Philip II to the throne at the age of 20. He spent most of his ruling years on an original military campaign through western Asia and northeast Africa, and by the age of thirty, he had created one of the greatest empires of the ancient world, stretching from Greece to northwestern India. He was undefeated in battle and is wid...