Skip to main content

How to start a Blog: Step-by-Step guide for beginners

Dear Readers


This post may contain affiliate links where at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I use, trust, and adore. 



I am doing blogging for about three months. When I posted my first ever blog post: My idea and intention were very clear what will be my blog is about!

Many people asked me, How did you start a blog. They told me that they wanted to start a blog. However, they have no idea where to start and what to do first.




First of all, I want to say Congratulation if you have decided to start your blog. This decision could potentially change your life for the better. If you are a beginner and looking for a simple step-by-step guide on how to start a blog, you are definitely in the right place!


How to start a blog in simple steps

Follow these step-by-step instructions you should have your blog started in no time at all.


  • Decide your blog niche.
  • Pick Blog name.
  • Choose a blogging platform.
  • Hosting plan
  • Design the blog

Let's dive in!




Decide your blog niche


Starting a blog is a good idea. However, what are you going to blog about? What are you good at? What are you passionate about?




Here are a few examples of different blog niches:


  • Art
  • Beauty/Hair/Makeup/Skincare
  • DIY
  • Educational
  • Fashion
  • Fitness
  • Healthy Eating/Nutrition
  • Home Decor
  • Home Improvement
  • Mental Health/Chronic Illness
  • Parenting
  • Recipes
  • Relationships/Marriage/Dating
  • Sewing/Knitting
  • Travel
  • Therapy

There are many successful bloggers out there who blog about anything and everything, but as a beginner, I think it’s best to narrow down your niche.


Pick Blog name


One of my favourite part of starting a new blog is finding an amazing name for it. My blog domain is kingdomprincy, and Blog name is Kingdom. 




Why I choose the Kingdom? The answer is simple. My name meaning is the King, and this is my place to rule. I can do anything here. 


Try not to come up with something too long; your blog name should be two words long maximum, easy to spell, and it should remind your audience of your blog niche.


Choose a Blogging Platform


Now, the technical part. Don't worry, there are many platforms to create a blog for free, and you don't have to be master in HTML for it.




Here are some few free platforms :


  • Wix
  •  Joomla
  • Yola
  • Hubpages
  • Contentful
  • Jekyll
  • WordPress
  • Blogger
  • Tumbler 
  • Medium


Hosting plan


What is web hosting?


Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to post a website or web page onto the Internet.




Every website needs hosting. I did a lot of research on the different hosting companies, observed what successful blogger’s choices were. And I found Bluehost the most recommended by the successful bloggers.


Design the blog


 Now comes the fun part where you begin to build your blog.


You never get a second chance to make a great first impression.




The most important step is to choose a theme. It should be uncomplicated. Attractive to the audience.

I used Blogger then I will suggest you my favourites theme are: 

Notable and Soho.


Final Thoughts

  • Success did not come in a single day. So, stop expecting and start blogging now.
  • You do not have to be an expert writer for blogging. (It is just a myth!)
  • Do not post daily. Schedule your post twice a week or thrice. Let your the audience know about the scheduling.
  • Get inspired
  • Be creative and be yourself.


Dear readers, if want to start a new blog and you have no idea where to start then you can message me: click here. Do you like my post then, please comment.

Until my next blog post, here's wishing you lots of joy and happiness!

With love,

Princy

Thank you for reading.

Free feel to share, comment and don't forget to follow.

Now you can also follow me on social media Twitter|Facebook|Instagram|Pinterest.



Comments

  1. This is really useful. I must say you are coming up with really interesting ideas. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really very helpful for the beginners 🤘🤘✌️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Which Disney Princess are you?

 Dear Readers Are you a big fan of Disney movies? If the answer is "Yes" . Then this post is just for you. I have shared some very inspiring Disney princess Character who has a powerful impact on the fan. They taught us a valuable lesson about life. And they have inspired us to be an honourable person.  Can you tell me which Disney princess personality you can relate? Share Which Disney Princess You Are from the list. And let me know in the comment section below.  Read our previous Disney post: Top 10 Disney movies to watch . This Personality List Will Determine Which Disney Princess You Are follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest . Belle Belle! What can I say about her? I mean her first love is a book which points to her insignificant intelligence, amazing vocabulary, active imagination, and an open mind thinking . She is very confident and outspoken in her opinion . She does not have very many friends due to her smarts and being an independent thi...

Top 5 motivational TED talks for introverts

 Dear Readers Quiet people have the loudest mind - Stephan Hawking I am an introvert , and I can say it proudly. I know who I am, and I fully embrace me. So, if you are still confused that you are an introvert or an extrovert then check out my post  Are you an introvert or an extrovert? In today's post, I'm sharing 5 motivational TED talks for introverts .  Make sure you watch the video. Before we start, readers who don't know about The TED talks here is a quick preview: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. - TED Talks Organisation ...

My Inspiration Behind The Card of Queen

 Dear Reader Who says you have to grow up                                                            -  Walt Disney Follow me on  Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube .  Whenever you watch a Disney movie, it will take you to another world of joy. Or maybe to neverland. It will bring joy, happiness, gratefulness and much more. It will refresh your childhood imagination. I am recently watching this TV Series Once Upon A Time . If you haven't watched it yet here is the quick summary (Spoiler Alert): this show is about a princess, umm you are thinking right- Snow White , Whose mother died (The Queen) than his father aka The King married to another woman named Regina , Who will become Th...